Grocery Stocker - Part Time Job
I remember creating this video shortly after I had quit my part time job (Asian Supermarket Grocer) of 5 years and into my more “professional” job. Basically its a video rant or vlog of the things I can remember customers saying to me or I overheard which were either rude, racist, and/or funny.
Here is a list of some of the things customers said (or check out the video):
1. Look! They’re celebrating Easter so early! (Prepping for The Year of the Rabbit for Chinese New Years).
2. Excuse me. Do you know where to find… (Customer asking me the exact question in a different aisle. Do we all look alike?).
3. You lied! I found the item right here! (Customer yelling at me when I just started my shift. Again, do we all look alike?).
4. Do you sell regular birthday cakes? (I guess Chinese cakes are not considered “regular”?).
5. I love this Chinese music they play in this store! (It was the karaoke version of Everytime We Touch - Cascada).
6. Customer: Do you know how long I have to cook this rice? Me: No. Customer: I thought you were Chinese. (I guess knowing cooking lengths for rice is a requirement for being Chinese…).
7. Look! They stock Cereal! I thought this was an Asian Supermarket? (Apparently we can not stock anything thats non-Asian).
8. Just give me some of the bread at the back. I know you’re hiding it! *kid passes me $1 as a bribe* (Why would we keep stock of bread in the back which has a short shelf life?)
9. Why can’t I use this coupon? (Spent 10 minutes arguing that its an expired coupon).
10. Do you know where I can find the milk? (Behind me is a gigantic billboard that reads Dairy Section).
11. Customer: Where are all the shopping carts? Me: Outside. Customer: Okay, I would like one cart. (Shall I also clean your shoes for you your majesty?).
Probably a lot more but these were the ones that I can remember off the top of my head.